April 25, 2016

Transforming Everyday Objects through Animation

So I have a new teaching position! Yay! But I've been super, crazy busy (to be expected) and haven't posted. I want to share with you some fun stuff happening in the "new" art classroom.

Transforming Everyday Objects Into Art through ANIMATION!

I challenged the 5th graders to make an animation with an everyday objects. I hardly had to teach the app which was hilarious because it took me a good 20 minutes to figure it out. Apparently mother's now have iPads in the womb.  I thought I was super tech savy and fast. . . until a ten year old sat at my computer and basically set the keys on fire with the speed at which he typed. So I decided not to waste their time as they were so pumped to work in groups and had already been planning their stories (I guess outside of class) once they heard what the next project was going to be.

This was created in less then an hour by my amazing students. But I guess that isn't entirely true because we spent the class before this creating thaumotropes, learning about the persistence of vision, and experimenting with the iPad stop animation.






I am excited to share these at our annual art show! It is going to be a lot of uploading and QR code making but the work is extremely exciting. If you have any advice on the quickest way to upload about 30 animations and create QR codes let me know in the comments!

I am all about transforming everyday objects into art! I think it is one of the highest forms of creativity to be able to look at things in a new way. I would love to here about ideas you have, art that you've done, or lessons you can share, about TRANSFORMING EVERYDAY OBJECTS INTO ART!




10 comments:

Unknown said...

What app did you use with students?

Admin said...

J'ai adoré le poste, le lien avec vous sur mon blog Comment Faire www.commefaire.blogspot.com

Ana Ferral said...

This is very amazing article.This article belongs to car removal near me article.

Best Web Development Institute said...

Hello, Thanks for sharing such an informative blog post, I liked your blog post

Digital Marketing Institute in Delhi |
Internet Marketing Institute in Delhi | Digital marketing Course in Delhi | SEO Course in Delhi | SMO Course in Delhi

Rattan Furniture Fairy said...

Very nice blog you have posted, thank you very much for sharing and keep posting.

Rattan Furniture Fairy | Rattan garden furniture sets: How to choose the best one for you | Types Of Furniture Style: What No One Is Talking About | Why are Rattan furniture sets so popular? All you need to know is

Rattan Furniture Fairy said...

Thanks for sharing such kind of blog post which is full of knowledge so keep posting,

How To Protect Rattan Garden Furniture? | Rattan Corner Sofa with Rising Table | Benefits Of Outdoor Rattan Garden Furniture | Rattan Garden Furniture | Best Stylish And Trending Rattan Furniture Of 2021 | Top 6 Trending Rattan Outdoor Furniture Set 2021














car sydney removal said...

What a creativity you have.
thanks for sharing your your talent.

|Cash For Old Cars Sydney| | |Cash For Unwanted Cars Sydney| | |Damaged Car Removal Sydney| |

Timothee Lambert said...

"Your blog is a constant source of motivation for me. Your enthusiasm for your subject matter is infectious, and it encourages me to dive deeper into the topics you cover. Thank you for the inspiration!"
https://savingcentstogether.com/promotions/double-down-promo-codes

Abigale Huels said...

"Your blog is a reflection of your passion for the subject matter, and it's a joy to see your enthusiasm shine through in every post."
https://usepromos.com/how-to-get-detergent-stains-out-of-clothes/

เกมสล็อตค่าย pg said...

เกมสล็อตค่าย pg ใหม่ล่าสุด เป็นหนึ่งในค่ายผู้พัฒนาเกมสล็อตที่เติบโตอย่างรวดเร็วในวงการ pg ออนไลน์ ด้วยการเชื่อมโยงความเป็นเลิศทางเทคนิคและความคิดสร้างสรรค์