August 19, 2014

The Worst Part of SCHOOL!

Now that I have your attention let's talk LUNCH.

This seems like a dumb topic to anyone who doesn't teach, I'm sure!

Last year, I made the school years resolution to eat lunch everyday. It was the first year in eight years that I did it! I did most of the work, but my principal helped me with this because she gave me a plan period with my 1/2 hour lunch. This allowed me to eat while preparing for afternoon classes (usually I would have 1/2 hour and use it to get ready for 3-4 hours of teaching in the afternoon instead of eating.) Cooking is my achilles heal, which is funny because my hubby is a chef. But the reality is I pretty much do the cooking and shopping, because the shoe makers children never have shoes right?






My new school years resolution is to make lunch preparation fun. My daughter is going to be with me at the preschool at my school and it would be nice to know that we have lunch and snacks for when school let's out and she comes to help me with cleanup.





So I found this AMAZING website that I want to share with you. I really want this book too but it costs as much as an order of takeout so I can't justify it right now!


What's your lunch time like? Do you have time to eat, grab some caffeine, or do you make lunch a priority? I think people in other fields would be amazed at how extremely demanding teaching is, finding time for lunch and even peeing needs to be planned to the minute. Do you agree?











3 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Thanks for the link! Found a granola bar recipe i'm going to try! I usually bring a yogurt for lunch every day , I can eat it and run around, copy, organize what i need for the afternoon classes. I have 30 minutes for lunch. We just negotiated a new contract and during negotiations one of the things the boards team wanted was to reduce our lunches to 20 mins!!! Ha! Ha! Yeah, because I have such an extravagant lunch time!They didn't get that though, my lunch remains 30 mins.... :) Have a great year! :)

Michele Gorham said...

Lunch is hard! I get real shaky if I don't eat though! I spend about 5 minutes eating and the rest of my lunch prepping for my afternoon (prek-2nd) as much as possible. I also pack healthy snacks-veggies, nuts, yogurt, fruit to munch on throughout the day. I do Sunday Meal Prep (Check out leangreenbean blog) which makes packing lunch every morning much easier!

Katie @ Mom's Kitchen Handbook said...

Thanks for the shout out. Most appreciated.