My 26 Steps to creating a Bottle Cap Installation
1.We collected bottle caps to make a bottle cap mural.
2. Had a baby.
3. Played with baby.
4. Decided I had no interest in screwing down a thousand bottle caps.
5. Cuddled baby.
6. Bottle caps piles grew and grew.
7. Saw the movieWasteland for my Graduate class (when I was cuddling my baby) about the art of Victor Muniz.
8. Got inspired to make art from trash.
9. Art from trash= art from bottle caps
10. Thought of doing a mandala project.
11. On second thought, NO too abstract!
12. Thought some more.
13. Remembered seeing Buddhist Monks making mandalas and then blowing them away.
14. Had an Aha Moment!
15. Temporary art!
16. Does art have to hang on a wall? We'll make it on the floor!
17. We'll make it ONE DAY! No preplanning. Start at the center and create a RADIAL DESIGN!
18. We'll sweep it away when it's done.
19. Radial design!
20. Performance art!
21. We'll film the entire process in time lapse.
22. Put music to it.
23. Watch it as a school during part of field day!
24. Now what to do with all the caps.
25. Bring them into the art room.
26. Create more temporary art with EVERY class!
|THE SPACE! Pretty cool space right!|
|The beginning in case you missed it!|